Sometimes Exchange can be a little overzealous in protecting you from spam and other unwanted email. To make sure messages get through, you can whitelist email addresses in Office 365.
Whether you’re new in the IT Environment or an IT Pro getting started managing Office 365 Admin center, here are a few tips on how to do white list an email address or domain in Exchange Online or Office 365. Believe me, it is pretty easy to do.
There are two ways to do it, the classic way and the modern way, I’ll teach you to do it on both ways.
Well, let’s get started:
This is the classic way to do it.
1. Sign into Office 365 by going to https://admin.microsoft.com/ and sign in.
2. When on the Office365 admin center, click on Show all
3. When you click Show all you’ll see different options, click on Exchange.
4. When on Exchange admin center, click on protection on the left side menu.
5. Then go to spam filter and double click on the option Default
6. Then click on allow list
7. After you click on allow list, you click the + in the first option to add an email address and on the second one, you click the + to add a domain.
8. When you click the + an option to enter the email address or domain name will show. After you write the email address or domain, just click OK.
9. When you click OK, then click Save
10. A confirmation is going to be shown when you click Save, click OK and you’re done.
Below you can see the new way to do it in Exchange Online
1. Go to https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/ and sign in, then click on Mail flow and then on Rules
2. Click the + then on Bypass spam filtering…
3. Give a name of this new rule.
4. Click on Apply this rule if… then over the mouse over The sender…
5. Then another menu will appear, click on is this person
6. Then write the email address you want to white list in the field Check names and click on Check names and then click OK
7. Then click on Bypass spam filtering
8. Then click OK
9. Click Save and you’re done.
Based on both experience, the classic mode is more easier to do than the modern way to do it.
Please, share your thoughts.
Thanks for reading.